Thread: TV Commentators
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 02, 2012, 12:33pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
"Certainly" is an awfully strong word. After viewing this several times, I would have used the word "probably". Should officials make calls when something "probably" happens? I know more about multilinear algebra than I do about NCAA rules so I don't know if this was a reviewable play. If the call had to be made in "real time" then, in my opinion, it was a tough call, either way.
Not reviewable as to whether or not there was a violation. They could've gone to the monitor to ensure the shot was released in time, but couldn't have come out and waived off the basket for a violation afterward. (NCAA 2-13-7-c). I agree it's a very tough call in real time, but it looks like, in my opinion, and by virtue of getting to watching it multiple times, that some part of the ball passed over some part of the backboard.
On another note, it'd have been interesting to see the endline camera angle on this, as they have one at either end sitting in a rolling chair for men's games, if I remember correctly from attending quite a few games there.