View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 30, 2011, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRC View Post
I wouldn't know from first hand knowledge, but I hope that the above statement is not true. The games I watch on TV, you can easily get well into the double digits on obvious travels (mostly on the catch) that are not called in each game. No rewind necessary. I'm guessing that's the way the powers that be want it called.
Keep hope alive

Many times the best spot for catching those violations are on the couch or in the stands or bench.

"The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" remixed by Mr. George Tolliver

The Good - Player catches the ball at the top of the key, they take one dribble, they take 5 steps to the basket. We know what we have on that. Thats the good & thats the obvious!

The Bad - We have a catch at the top of the key & we have foot movement, it looks funny. But we're not really sure, it seems like something was there. Thats in the grey area where we have a certain rule or guideline that you should not have a whistle for those reasons. So, when you have the bad, stay AWAY from those because you dont really know, you're not sure!

The Ugly - Block/Charge play in a 1 point game with 5 seconds on the clock and what are you gonna do? Are you gonna put the game first or is it gonna depend upon who has the ball & who has the block & who has the charge? We know the time, we know the score, are we gonna manufacture all those things in there? Thats ugly.

No guesses, no messes!!

Oh yeah, for the record, one doesn't have to referee in the League to apply these practices, but you do have to attend quality camps to get this information.