View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:22pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
BTW why are we looking for a dispute instead focusing on the main objective in the post?
Some people just like to dispute. Although I agree with your list and the article, what is the objective of the post? I'm not being funny, I'm just wondering what you expect.

I will give you this: some people at the high school and college level want to take the path of least resistance while officiating.

Don't call hand-checking around the 28' line - are you going to also ignore it when a player slaps the hand away?
Make sure the 5th foul on a player is a good one - what about making sure the other 4 were good?
I didn't hear the coach - very convenient since he called you everything but a child of God.

I think what John Adams is doing is a good thing. Years ago, I was at a high profile camp. During the meetings, the assignor was talking about what he wanted called and I was listening intently. Silly me. I went out on the court, did what the assignor said he wanted and got roasted. I made calls just like the assignor was talking about and people on staff asked me why I didn't let the contact go. A no win situation and a learning experience for sure. With Adams' philosophy, a foul is a foul period. My military mind can get with that.