View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 28, 2011, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Well, it seems like Tio is trying to be the crew chief of this thread. Honestly, all of that crew chief talk lost me. I think once you are used to being the R or crew chief you can have a pregame and game without letting everyone know you are the R. Your posts seem kind of heavy-handed with the crew chief responsibility.

By the way, I agree with mbyron - goaltending and/or giving a T for slapping the backboard are both judgement calls.
HaHa..forgive me...truly we should all strive to have a Crew Chief mentality even if not assigned on paper.

I am extremely passionate about the game. As an official, I go into each game with the following goals (in order of importance):

1. Do what's best for the game
2. Do what's best for the crew
3. Do what's best for me

First and foremost my first priority is to do what is right for the game...always. I heard this at a camp many years ago and have taken it with me.

It drives me crazy when we miss a play...at a crucial juncture of a game then compound it with a technical foul against the team the incorrect call went against. We don't need the tech. if we get the play right, plain and simple.

I don't get all of my plays right...but I do know the rules very well and will not allow a rule to be misapplied in my games.