View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Thankfully it was not my game. I was in the stands watching.
I realize you described 'Per rule procedures'. Right after the play ALL 3 officials are in DEEEEEP do-do. About 99% of Coaches (and officials) wouldn't know the correct ruling. So why not, for the good of the game, just do a redo? That is what they did. They said it was a correctable error.
How would you tell the Home Coach... "We messed up and gave the ball to your team. Then we messed up an allowed your team to commit a backcourt violation. Then your team scored 2 points for the other team. But Hey, don't be mad at us. At least you get the ball and you can run the endline"
I have talked to 5 oficials so far and all would do a redo.
A few years ago I was during a boys varsity summer league through a clinic, I wanted to get in front of a certain assigner to break into his conference, one of the best in area. Clinician who was running clinic made sure I was on assigners game to help me out. 110 in gym, my 3-4 game of night and I'm new lead with about 7 seconds to go in a one point game, team losing has ball. Inbounded at endline and now almost near division line and whistle blows from trail. I can smell trouble. I'm drifting off, like a dummy and not paying attention. New trail says clock never started, Takes ball back to endline for a 'redo'

If paying attention, could have ridden to the rescue and stopped 'redo' C also asleep at wheel.

Every time I hear redo, I get quesy.

Still trying to get in conference

Last edited by fullor30; Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 11:49am.