View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:37am
Get away from me, Steve.

Last night I had a team whose center just couldn't help herself -- she committed 2 quick fouls and her coach yanked her. He crawled up my butt over the second foul (which, BTW, was a no brainer on-the-back on a rebound foul that displaced the player with position), calling it a touch foul and saying that "you call that touch foul at that end and our players have forearms all over them all the time." By that point (we were late in the first quarter) we had already called 7 fouls against the visiting team and the 2 on the center were the only fouls against his team in the game (the coaches do it, why can't I? -- no I didn't say it to him, although I was *sorely* tempted). He really crawled up my butt to the point where I finally had to tell him that I heard him and that I had heard enough.

The girl came back in during the second quarter and promptly picked up her third foul and came out.

She came back in midway through the third quarter and promptly picked up her fourth when she contested a shot she had no business contesting. Out she went.

She came back in with 6 minutes left in the game and fouled out 2 a few trips later when she committed a foul almost 80 feet from the basket.

She never adjusted her style (whatever it was) and probably played less than 8 minutes of the game. Her team still won handily.