View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 20, 2003, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

This happened to me last night. Jump ball to start the game. A2 gets possession of the tap, after which it is immediately snatched from his grasp by B2. Play then continues quickly toward B's basket.

Since A secured possession of the tap, even briefly, the arrow goes to B. My partner, the R, did not notice the possession by A2, because A2 had his back to the R. The scorekeeper did not notice it either (not sure why, teenagers!). I saw it clearly.

I realized that this could potentially be trouble, so at the first time out (which was many minutes later), I talked to my partner and the table and made sure we were all on the same page. Fortunately this was before any AP situation. If an AP sitch had happened first, I would have had a lot of explaining to do (e.g., partner, scorekeeper, both coaches).

My question: is there anything I could have done to get us all on the same page earlier? I can't even imagin any kind of mechanic or practice that would help. Can you?