View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 21, 2011, 12:11pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I remember plays and situations. I can't even remember which players played the best by the time we hit the showers. I've had partners say "man, #32 was killing them" and I'll be like "oh, was he?"
I'm actually really glad to see that. I'll notice a particular player if he's being a trouble maker or if he's in a match up that I've been watching for a while but I guess I'm not good at picking up which players are really playing well. My partners will talk about sometimes how so and so player really did well or had a good jump shot or whatever and I find myself wondering if I'm not paying enough attention.

I just figured I was still learning how to keep track of everything important in a game that I didn't have time to track player performance also. Nice to hear a veteran say the same thing.

I have noticed this season that I've gotten better about knowing the AP arrow (except in those 9th grade girls B games, forget it) and the players with four fouls.

Quote:
I do remember a-hole coaches and always get a kick out of giving them a firm handshake before the game and saying "Bad News Ref" as if I've never met them before.
Yup, that makes me grin too.