View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 10:57am
Huck Finn

"• The eight-second backcourt violation will occur when the shot clock reaches 15 seconds, rather than 16.

The last rule is necessary because the 24-second shot clock will now be equipped to show 10ths for the final five seconds and work as a "true" clock. From a technical standpoint, the old shot clock began with 24.9 seconds and expired with .9 left. Now the clock will switch from 24 to 23 seconds after .1 second has expired."

I don't think many people realized this.There is a rules "guru" (he has the rule books memorized, page, rule, etc.) from the DC area who was the first person I heard talk about this. If we have a kick ball in college and the clock reads 15, should we reset the clock to 15? According to this gentleman, yes.

BTW, this gentleman does a weekly quiz 52 weeks a year via a newsletter (email). If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you his information.