View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 12, 2011, 11:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Look guys, I defend officials more than anyone. I know it is a thankless job and very important part of the game of HS football. I just don't understand why the powers that be don't instruct them to call this rule as written. If the ball is thrown away to save a sack it should be called. There is no tackle box and no requirement for a receiver in the area.
No you don't. You spend all your time trying to tell us what we should call and why we don't. Even when you have shown video of plays, you then tried to claim we did not realize what we were seeing or did not want to admit what

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
7-5-2e stands on its own!

e. A pass intentionally thrown incomplete to save loss of yardage or to conserve time

I would just like to see it called this way or change the rule!
And this just shows how ignorant you are about officiating. This is also why I say to you have never done a lick of officiating in your life or career. Rules all have a philosophy. They can write rules to say something, but you also have to have some idea of how to come to those conclusions to enforce those rules. First of all none of us can get into someone's head and know what they are intentionally doing. Just like we do not call holding based on simple holding either and things like point of attack, strong legs and advantage/disadvantage are considered. The game has so many facets to it and so does this rule. We do not see games with the best talent at the HS varsity level and often times when they try to complete a pass they are throwing bad passes. Also you have no idea what everyone does across the country either. Every crew I have been on calls this from time to time. When I was a referee for 5 years I called this time to time. I even called it once where the QB was throwing directly at an eligible receiver.

And unlike you I have actually been on a State Final field twice. I have actually had to call some things that many have watched or complained about. I have had to answer questions as to why things happen in a game that the state is watching. You have no idea what all officials are thinking and often they are not always agreeing with calls you can make in these situations. I am sure there were officials that disagreed with these calls. But then again you consider the source and the motives of those people. Some officials are complaining no matter what you do. Others are complaining because a philosophy or rule was not followed based on training.

Your issue is local and with your games. If you have a problem then talk to your people, do not come here when you cannot show us one video to even have us debate. There has got to be a play on YouTube somewhere if these were so egregious right?

Peace