View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 11, 2011, 01:22am
Official Forum Member

What a doozie tonight.

2nd game of a Freshman/JV double header. 2nd quarter, assistant coach apparently doesn't like a call I make in front of his bench. He spouts off something fairly benign at me, to which I turn to the JV head coach and ask him to do me a favor and instruct his bench to keep the chit chat to a minimum. This prompts the V head coach to jump off the bench like he wants to fight me and say "What are you talking about?"

Whack.

Couple trips down the floor, I'm again T next to the same bench, I make another call the peanut gallery doesn't like. This time, the freshman coach, who never made a peep in his game but is now sitting at the end of the bench, says "This guy has got to be out of his freaking mind."

Whack.

So now the JV head coach is only one indirect from getting tossed from the game when he didn't even do anything.

We walk into the locker room at halftime and I find out that the assistant who got the 1st T is the varsity coach. The guys following me are pleading with me not to toss him.

"Why? Wouldn't I be doing you a favor?" I say.

Luckily, neither of the two boneheads show up on the bench for the second half and the game ends smoothly