View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 09, 2011, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkBBK View Post
Some people have a quick trigger when it comes to giving a "T" to a coach. I have always been a guy to try to talk to someone first. Most of these cases are HTBT moments and also depends on who you are and who the coach is.

My opinion is that if you are going to stick a coach then make sure it is consistent throughout the season (maybe even career). The only thing I have against trying to be the quickest one to the T, is that you are looked at as unapproachable by coaches. We all have made a slip and sometimes it takes a coach a warning and a look to make him realize he said something we do not like. If he really wants the "T" he'll say it again and get his present.

I've learned that word travels fast, both in the officiating world and coaching world. People will learn that you have a quick trigger and they will try to avoid you. I'm not out here to make enemies with the coaches and that's what I think this tactic will bring.

HOWEVER... We all can name good/great officials that work some of the best ball that have quick triggers. It is all a part of your personality and style.
Quick triggers or slow triggers. If a coach utters the words F--K, Sh-t, @s-, or Damn in a direct statement to me in anger I'm whacking them, even if its my Mom.

--- Famous Cleveland area official to HC

"I Love Officiating so much, I do it for free. However, I charge for all the crap I take."

--- Me