View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 08, 2011, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post
I've been reffing for over 30 years so this isn't my first rodeo. I am also a clinician. My biggest concern isn't that you might be missing a call (we all do it) its that you are beating yourself up about it.

We lost one of our best officials in the area 10 years ago when he couldn't let it go. It would just eat on him. Once we were coming back from a game where he had a tough (but correct) call late in the game. He was just bemoaning that he may have messed up.

Then the magic words--"When you have a tough call, you just make it and get over it. When I make a tough call, the doctors put me on suicide watch."

Care about what you do. If you don't care, you won't be worth a hoot. But you have to let it go.
+1

Yeah we have to be page turners instead of dwelling on it & going in the tank.
"That's equivellant to the player who turns the ball over & then doesnt get back on D." - Marc Davis

Although we strive for perfection, its an unattainable goal, so we settle for excellence!
Besides, if we miss a couple out of the 300 or so decisions we make per game our accuracy is still much higher than the players shooting percentage & better than their turnovers to assist ratio.

Last edited by tref; Thu Dec 08, 2011 at 10:25am.