View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 06, 2011, 01:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
What's funny is that you hear that almost every other game. You must be doing something really wrong out there to have coaches directly accuse you of cheating that often.
Or maybe I do not have thin skin? There are many possibilities for why I do what I do and you do what you do. If I am doing something wrong, there are a lot of others that want to do as wrong as I have done. And I am not projecting; they tell me personally how they feel about my place as an official.

Quote:
And yes, there is a good chance that is flagrant. It is much much worse than just saying that the official is terrible. Imagine there is an assignor who finds out that one of his officials did a terrible job one game. Now imagine the assignor finds out an official was cheating and trying to make sure that one team won.
Coaches think anytime you are not calling everything your way they say you are doing a terrible job. That comes with the territory. I am sorry but that seems like you need to man up and stop worrying about what a coach says to or about you.

Quote:
If an official did a bad job one game he could just need more training or possibly just had a bad game. An official who is cheating is entirely different and much more serious. Likewise a coach accusing you of cheating is entirely different and much more serious than a coach telling you that you are awful.
My point to you is I have heard worse. Based on what your standard is if anytime someone is critical of a call they are questioning your ability or calling you a cheater. Now that is your right to feel that way and if any criticism bothers you then T up everyone for all I care. I am glad that works for you if you like it I love it. Many coaches and not all think that if they have displeasure with a call they will voice some opinion about those calls, be my guest if that is your only way to handle things without any other intervention. But I did not get to where I am today by T'ing up everyone that said something bad to me. Because if you think that is personal to me, then you have not watched a lot of basketball at all levels. Better yet you have not talked to officials at many levels either. All officials deal with coaches saying the same things you claim should be a flagrant foul. And I know I have been around than many of those coaches and will continue to be around longer than many of them. I have learned to get coaches to stop even talking to me or my crew and no one knew I said a thing or addressed an issue. Also when you give out Ts all the time people start to think you are the problem not the coach right or wrong.

Peace