View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 06, 2011, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
4) Shortest home run ever. Ball hit literally 2-3 inches off the plate on the first base side. I'm pointing fair when it stops. Pitcher comes in to pick it up, sees me calling if fair, and points at it, arguing it's foul because it's in the batters box. As the runner round SECOND, coach then comes out yelling. Catcher walks away to pick up her mask. Pitcher walks off to pout at the mound. Ball is STILL sitting there. Coach is about in my ear looking at my stop sign as runner rounds third - he eventually swats my hand away while this play is still going (he also said, "Look at me, a$$hole" while I'm still watching the play). Catcher sees the runner, finally, and that I'm watching the runner and in position for a call, figures it out, rushes for the ball and fails to tag out the runner. This (the coach) was the only ejection of the tournament.
This is hilarious! I might also have managed to clock the coach with my mask in the left hand when I gave the big SAFE signal on the play at the plate, then ejected him....

I did 12u a week ago for the first time in a long time...it amazes me some of the stuff that those coaches and parents come up with....