View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 03, 2011, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
17 games - either there's a half-a$$ed effort or the games are so non-competitive that they don't really need an umpire.
Other then college ball, I'm usually doing a 1-on-1-off rotation. Though there is one time each year in Mike's area where I do more than 1 in a row.
Please note: May be my area, but not my assigning.

As for the other Mike, I'm confident that you are confident in your job. I have no doubt you will do your best every game, first to last. Been there, done that, will never even consider doing it again.

Now the flip side. As confident as you may feel and raring to go, it is too many games. Even with time limits, it is still a steady stream of play with minimal breaks. You believe you are fresh, but if you actually pay attention, I have found myself and others start to check up early on plays and not be even close to where I was on the same play in the earlier game.

JMO, but taken from years of experience. Good luck and take care of yourself first.