View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 02, 2011, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump stop View Post
Exactly, After talking to the referees( after the game in which they called this move a travel) about this move some seemed confused "catching the ball with one foot on floor and jumping to 2 feet landing simultaneously". So it makes me question how well versed they are on this and they usually say "well maybe you are right" with a deer in headlight look. So my view is to prep them before hand.

The move that gets called the most is the 'step back move' starting at 4:19 on video. thanks

As I stated earlier in most games it is not called but when we get a referree that calls it is very frustrating. In one game the step back was called 3 times.
Can't see why 'step back move' would be called, just a legal jump stop that happens to be backward rather than usual forward move.

What age/level is your daughter playing? If she is in vid, looks like 7th,8th grade? With exceptions you may have newer officials doing those games. I realize it must be frustrating if moves are legal.

I always listened to a coach or even parent(halftime, or after game if they were respectful to discuss a situation at length) in a lower level game.