View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 01, 2011, 04:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Actually I said that if the ball was brought into the BC by the OSU player it would be a violation and that is not first to touch, last to touch situation...
Peace
That is precisely a last to touch, first to touch situation. If that was what happened, the player was touching the ball before it went to the backcourt (last to touch), was still touching the ball at the moment it went to the backcourt, and continued touching it in the backcourt (first to touch).

Quote:

I cannot speak for what others said, I can only speak for myself and what I witnessed.

Peace
Which is why I quoted you. Here is what you said....

Quote:
If a ball touches a player that is touching the backcourt, the ball is in the backcourt by rule. And if a team is in continuous team control when they touch the ball in that circumstance, then they have violated. The Ohio State player caused the ball to be in the back court by beginning a dribble and touching the backcourt, if you deem that team control was never lost by them. First to touch and last to touch is not the only way you can have a backcourt violation.

Peace
The statement in red is incorrect.