View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 03:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Who says the two can't go hand-in-hand? Besides, if one coach knows more about something than the other coach, then yes, that's life, too.
OK, whatever.

Quote:
It's not often that the NF would look at the pros as a blueprint for anything. The pros, of course, address very specific areas that can and cannot be videoed, and those areas are far more detailed than I understand. Are there parallels? Probably. We'd have to look at what exactly those pro rules entail, as they rely on video more than high schools do to keep their jobs.
And they have the financial wherewithal to implement that. HS sports are a little more pure and because school districts play against other school districts that might not have the same resources, this is why they are not allowed. Again, I am not asking you to agree, just giving my take as to why that is. And the NF has many more constituents than the NFL or NBA for example.

Quote:
I'd imagine rocket shoes would be nixed pretty quickly, based on safety issues alone.
But if technology is allowed, why not allow them too?

Seriously there was a shoe that claimed to give players a boost in jumping ability, many states outlawed those shoes usage. My state informed us last year and outlawed that shoe.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. And life in many industries that have rules in place to make the field level. SEC rules, court rules and zoning laws are all examples of how rules are put in place to only allow certain things to go on in life or the not give one business an advantage over another.

Peace