View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 01:26pm
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Ever heard of P90X?
Just started last week. Damn plyometrics had me sore for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is just a reality that a rural or inner-city school for example that may not have adequete computers normally now could compete against a private or suburban school that has more resources and use those things.
Here are some more realities: We're not talking about servers here. There are far more expensive things today that teams must deal with than handheld devices. And, schools must find a way to afford PCs in order to prepare our youth for the 21st century world. Since handheld devices are affordable for all, that argument of the haves and have-nots is simply antequated. I've dealt with very rural schools, and they're certainly not without technology.

Quote:
Again you really need to stop with the hyperbole. No one said anything about being afraid.
That's not hyperbole, Rut. That's truth. People fear change.

Quote:
I think competition should be equal during the game and not using technology to get a clear advantage.
The competition would only be unequal if one team was allowed to use a device, and the other team wasn't. Let the coaches decide what devices they want to use to do their jobs. One team almost always has advantages over another, and that's just life. This realm should be no different.