View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 12:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Actually, a good fitness room, when used properly, can be a big advantage to conditioning, when use properly. Still, as been stated by others, this is about what's used during the game.
I do not want to get into a huge debate over this, but I can get in great fitness without fancy weights or a fancy room. And considering that basketball is about size and quickness, those rooms mean little or nothing to me working on those things. I also cannot teach size. Ever heard of P90X? That program does not need a machine or fancy weights to accomplish those goals.

Quote:
Once again, all things technological are tools, nothing more, nothing less. A coach's tool could be many things: clipboards, spiral notebooks, dry-erase board, BlackBerry, etc. It seems that some have a fear of certain tools, just because they're electronic or can shoot video.
No one is afraid of tools. It is just a reality that a rural or inner-city school for example that may not have adequete computers normally now could compete against a private or suburban school that has more resources and use those things. That is a completly different.

Quote:
What are we afraid of here, really? That certain schools have better resources than others? That already goes for many things, during the game. That only the rich schools can afford such tools? Again, these tools are far more affordable than before. That players/coaches can look at video right there on the bench? So what if they can? What's wrong with a little ingenuity to perform better, regardless of the task?
Again you really need to stop with the hyperbole. No one said anything about being afraid. I think competition should be equal during the game and not using technology to get a clear advantage. If you can coach you can identify things without a computer. And you certainly should not have others not on the bench giving you information from some other point of the gym which is why many of these devices are outlawed. I do not think that is too much to ask.

Peace