View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:02am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
You could say that about any resources.

Some schools have funds for nicer weight rooms, better equipment, better staffing (a big plus, ultimately), etc. All of these things can benefit a team. Technological items are merely among the tools one could use to improve one's work. And, by the way, these items are getting more and more affordable every year.

Whether a coach chooses to use a clipboard, pen and scratchpad, or iPad, they're all tools to meet a desired end. They'll never take the place of coaching, but, if used properly, they can indeed help improve performance. If they didn't, football coaches wouldn't have been trading game films, as they have for decades.
Football and basketball coaches already use film. But you cannot use film during the game without violating those rules in football as well. This is not about using film before and after games, but I think a coach using Ipad or some other device where they can talk to others sitting in the stands or is watching video during the game. I do not think that is what the game is about and should not be allowed. Not at the HS level where the ability to do so would be so much of an advantage. Weight rooms are not inherently an advantage as the game of basketball requires more than a weight room to be a good and players and coaches would have to do more to be a good player than lift weights. In the context of a game I would not want this promoted. It is not allowed in college either and they have resources to

Peace