View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 29, 2000, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Tough situation to deal with. I'd probably do what you did initially (talking to him during a break in the game), then address it at half-time if it continued to be a problem. I'd put it indirectly on myself so as to try to avoid defensiveness on his part. Example: "I noticed a lot of rotations to the weak side, and was kind of confused and caught off-guard by that. Can you help me understand what was happening so I can anticipate it a little better?" If his answer still defies logic, maybe ask further something like, "OK, but when you do that, how can we (as a crew) make sure that we're covering the strong side action effectively?" My goal in approaching things this way is to gradually lead him to doing things the right (i.e., prescribed) way, without alienating him completely. Ultimately, though, you and your partner may have to simply state that you are going to maintain your proper positions, and if he is out of position he will have to be prepared to take the heat for missed calls in his primary. Of course, if he still is in his "I'm-gonna-do-it-MY-way-so-just-adjust" attitude....then tackle him.