View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu View Post
I recently received a mailing with the New Balance shoes, both field and plate. I agree that despite the description, the shoe is not all black, although the field shoe is moreso than the plate shoe. As you mention, the MLB logo is on the tongue and heel of the shoe.

Given that, I think ASA and NFHS should provide some latitude for its umpires so we have a bit more to choose from. I don't like the idea of having to either remove or color in a part of the shoe that isn't completely black. Seems a bit tacky to have to do that if you've found a shoe you're comfortable in.

I have a pair of NB field shoes that are mid-cut that I've enjoyed. Unfortunately, they have a big white "N" on the sides of the shoe, so I only wear them doing wreck league games. I don't use them for high school or tournament games. They are wearing out, so I might consider the NB field shoe, despite the white logos.
I find it remarkable that you can buy the NB 450s on their website, and it still has the big silver "N" on the side.

I think that reasonable concessions should be made. We're not advertising for another association, and blacking things out with a Sharpie just looks... tacky.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.