View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 11:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
2 sports in consecutive seasons, perhaps. (Football, then basketball, then baseball)...

Starting football & volleyball at the same time... that would be more difficult from a rules mastery standpoint.
Those sports you just mentioned are running basically at the same time in many ways. I worked JH basketball during my first football season. I worked basketball during the baseball season. And during the summer under the right situation you can work all 3 (especially now). Also volleyball here can run in the fall and spring based on gender or club and youth games.

Also mastery of the rules comes with time, not in one or two seasons. As a football official I am still learning to master the rules and this was will be the end of my 16th season. There are things I have yet to see or when I see them I have to think through the rules. Football has the most difficult rules as they change and each level is so different. You also have to know more than rules, you better know the mechanics or your rules knowledge will not be applied properly.

Peace