View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 09, 2011, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

The game was a championship game, between two very, very competitive rivals. They had played already during the regular season, and Team A beat Team B by a score of 13-7

It was the only loss of the year for Team B (7-1), Team A entered the game at 8-0

The incident occurred post game, literally as the last championship medal was handed to the last player from Team A (which won the rematch 38-9), the administrator was confronted by an irate parent of Team B, literally at the 50 yard line.

The parent berated the administrator that there were a few personal foul calls against Team A in the second half, which from her perspective in the stands, should have warranted ejections. (The plays I witnessed could very easily have gone both ways, and were likely retaliations, since at that point the score was already 31-2). SHE went on to say that the administrator should have come down from the press box and corrected the officials who had determined the offenses were penalties, but did not warrant ejections. The administrator repeated numerous times to the parent that the officials have control of the game and that they were very experienced in what they do, and that even if the administrator saw offenses that he felt incorrectly handled, he was not able to approach the officials during the course of the game to address them. After a few minutes of constant onslaught from the parent, the administrator simply walked away.

The next day the parent sent emails to the administrators, stating the winning team should forfeit the game for playing with illegal players (players she deemed illegal herself, because she said since they should have been ejected, and weren't, that they were actually ejected players still participating, thus illegal)

The crew for the championship games in our league consist of the most veteran and well respected officials in our pool, and they handled the game correctly, and I think, as I got to witness it all, that it was a case of sour grapes from a parent with a lot of interest in seeing her kid succeed.