View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

This is what I sent to "the senator".

Senator

I find the behavior you displayed during a basketball game appalling. I expect state senators to act in way that is becoming of the position to which you were elected. I would expect a full and sincere apology to the game officials, to the school district, AND to your spouse!

Given the story (and I doubt it is a full and accurate story), I fully support the official(s) who ejected you from the gym. You walked down and got as close to the officials as possible and then verbally questioned their officiating? These officials did not make it to a State tounament because they couldn't officiate! It takes years of hard work, dedication, and sweat and tears to make it to a state tournament.

Quite honestly, fans that exhibit behavior like you did are the most cited cause for officials getting out of officiating! (See the www.naso.org). Most good officials will take some criticism without blinking. You took it too far by walking directly down to them and challenging them. You challenged the officials and you got what you deserved. Give the officials what they deserve; respect at the game and an apology!