View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews View Post
David M,
I had both of my knees replaced on December 21, 2010. I worked an indoor football game on April 4th, worked a full season of indoor football, and am 8 games into my D2 football schedule, and basketball has started as well. I am not yet 100%. The "knee pain" is gone, the strength is still coming along however. As others have said my doctors advised me that the length of time I will get out of my new knees is going to depend on how I treat them. (I did point out that since I am getting TKR at 45 my track record for treating knees well isn't so shiny LOL) I have had minimal problems. The surgery was a huge success in my mind. The only issue I had was that with replacing them both it was hard to get around the first week, and a little unsure of stability, but that has all worked itself out. Good luck with your decision and if you want to contact me privately feel free
cmathews thanks very much. This is very encouraging. I was told by my MD that I would not be able to continue to officiate. I am 57 so that may make a difference but would like to continue at least baseball.

Thanks also to all other responders. I am taking the advice given here and have started "pre hab".