View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 30, 2011, 11:39am
Chain of Fools

I too have used SealSkinz for years. I think I got mine through Cabela's. They obviously have a greater selection than when I bought mine. Wore them Friday night although our rain wound up not much more than a mist. Better to have and not need........

I bought one of the reversable jackets when I first started out. It has "shrunk" a little and is not as white as it probably once was. Its of little consequence as both associations I have worked in do not allow them to be worn on the field, just pre-game. I think back in the day it was about a $75 investment that I should have just held on to.

I bought a "knock-off" weatherbeater style LS shirt last year at the ACC clinic. Its just a nylon liner sewn into a regular shirt. Could have probably saved the $25 and just kept wearing a nylon baseball BP shirt like I used too.
In the end I think I'm nearly as wet from the sweat as the rain.

I've sprayed my hats and shirts with Scotchgard when the forecast was for rain. Don't think it really did much to help beyond light rain.

I note Honig's doesn't list their $200+ gore-tex top anymore. I wore their "original" model black pant Friday night and noticed the water beading up quite well on the fabric down near the cuff.