View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 10:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Maybe it's one of those regional things, but if I had to do only girls games, I would quit officiating tomorrow. That's not an exaggeration. The girls ball around here is unbearable to officiate. I don't mind doing a half dozen games to help out the assignor, but the best girls game here is about on a par with an above average boys JV game. It just isn't any fun to do.

I will grant you that the attitudes of the players are by far much better than the attitudes of the boys, however.

Chuck
I totally agree with Chuck. I would guit yesterday if I was subjected to officiating only girl's basketball.

I do disagree with the attitudes of girls. Girls tend to say more to you or try to persuade you more in my opinion. But I do not care about who has the better attitude. That to me has nothing to do with the reasons I like the Boy's or Men's game over the Girl's game and Women's game. Actually I like the competitiveness of the Men's game and I can officiate a bad team against a good team and I might still have a very competive game. I officiate a girl's game like that, I already know who is going to win and can probably tell you by how much. There is a reason UConn won 70 straight reasonly.

Peace