View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 26, 2011, 01:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
I think you missed Scrapper's point.

First of all, its $100 per year. And 92%+ of the officials won't even get a chance to earn that money back, and possibly never officiate an NCAA game.

Using Scrapper's numbers, 8% of test writers will be assigned games. Some would say that this is dangerously close to the 1%/99% divide.

The NCAA rule and case book can be obtained elsewhere, and/or from other people for free. Videos are a plenty.

I would likely pay the $100, but I bet that asking to attend pre-games, and going to camps would service me better.
About $31.55 of that money you get in books and that does not include shipping and handling and taxes.

Also are your percentages of officials those that work NCAA games or any college level game, or everyone? Because if you work any level college game or have a significant schedule, that money is made in one assignment.

I really wish we did not have to pay the fee at all, but this is a business and anything we do cost us money. When officials go to NCAA Clinics, it cost them much more money to for a hotel, expenses and time to attend. And if you are at a certain level those are required.

Peace