View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 25, 2011, 11:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Ron was asked if he'd ever heard of that happening before, his exact response was a grin, a chuckle, and then "I guess so". He didn't buy it either, but then after the follow up question of "How would you deal with that" he said "You push through it."

Here's why I don't buy it. Say it happened exactly as he said, and he wanted Motte - only to learn he was not ready. The TLR we've seen in the past would have chosen that moment to have a conniption fit (or have a coach do it), or fake an injury, or SOMETHING to make sure the pitcher HE wanted was coming in. This "reason" (excuse) sounds more like CYA to me.
The part of the interview I saw he claimed it happened to him too. He did not give details or say where, but he claimed it happened to him. Also something seemed up as TLR brought in a guy just to intentionally walk a batter. That is not typical. Also it is well known that you cannot see the bullpen from the dugout the visiting team is located.

I guess my point is why would someone lie about this situation? I think he did not want to throw someone under the bus either and call out a bullpen guy and say they were responsible. Just my take, but then again I am a Cardinal's fan.

Peace