Old Tue Nov 28, 2000, 04:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRef
Big Dave:

...Historically, the sports arena has been dominated by White men...
Hmmm. I haven't seen too many white Sumo wrestlers,
bull fighters or even soccer players lately (excluding
Euro soccer, that is. I understand there's a lot of
white people in Europe.). I guess it just depends on how
big our tent is.
Lets us not get silly. Sumo wrestlers and bullfighters and even soccer players are not the issue. And yes, in Europe many of the players are white. Most of those countries have mostly white people in them. Soccer is played all over the world and in those countries that have very little diversity like a Nigeria or Iran or even Brazil. That has got nothing to do with officiating in the United States of America. Sumo wrestling is not a major sport here, I believe that is Japan. Bull fighting is not a major sport here, I believe that is Spain and in Mexico.

Just a question, why do white people always need to find other things to justify their argument by going abroad or using examples that have nothing to do with the conversation? We are talking about officiating in the United States. This does not even have anything to do with officiating in other countries and practices. This is exclusively have to do with the people that make the decisions here. In our state, I can only think of one 2 assignors that are not white. The other two are African-American and assign for the Chicago Public League. I am sure that there are more, but these are the only one I have ever seen. And I am talking about more than one sport.