View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 20, 2011, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler3492 View Post
I read somewhere that we should report numbers by saying thirty-two instead of three-two (while showing the numbers), in order to eliminate confusion for the scorekeeper.

To me, that presents an equal amount of potential for confusion. Plus it sounds awkward saying "thurr" while displaying a 1, and "teen" while displaying a three.

Tonight I tried this in my junior high games..."White Thirty Two. Three-two". Only displayed the numbers when I said the "Three-Two".

Check your local listings kind of thing or is there something that works best for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Thirty two.

A scorer doesn't look for 3-2 or 1-3 in the book. He looks for 32 or 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
It's on page three of this season's NFHS Preseason Guide.

The NFHS instruction is to say "twenty-four," not "two-four".
In the Introduction of the NFHS 2011-2012 Basketball Officials Manual, under heading 0.2 2011-13 Mechanics Points of Emphasas, it is stated in the third paragraph:

When verbalizing a two-digit number, say the full number, not the two parts.

I am so used to hearing the full number being said when reported, unless of course the scorer is giving a deer in the headlights look.

The other thing mentioned is that when reporting a two-digit number, not to spin your hand around to report the second number.