View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 14, 2011, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSidewalk View Post
My intention in starting this thread wasn't to criticize my WH or even to ask if what he did was right or wrong. That being said, I did feel like I lost some credibility when the penalty was changed to just a warning. It really just added more uncertainty to an already tense and stressful situation.

I really like this official, and I enjoy working on the crew when he's the WH. This particular incident hasn't changed my feelings one way or another. It's hard to say why he did what he did; I'm sure he had his reasons, right or wrong.

Ultimately I've tried to avoid too much speculation into his motives because I don't want to create any ill will in my own mind that could possibly hurt our professional relationship.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to give this official the benefit of the doubt, at least this once.
I think the other thing you should change was in your original post you told the WH he could wave off the flag if he thought it was the right thing to do and you left the call up to the WH. If you throw the flag, it's your call. Make the call and stick with it. Don't force the WH to make a decision when he was not the official who was being yelled at.