View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 13, 2011, 09:53pm

Hello everyone!

The doctor definitely did NOT suck today!!!

I just got home from the hospital. I went into the O.R. at 2:21 PM, and woke up at 4:15 PM. They were running late, and I was #3 on the list for the day. Despite the high-risk surgery, the doctors told me my heart came through it really well!!! That is great news for when my aortic valve has to be replaced in the near future.

The doctor (who I have known for about 8 years, great guy...Dr. Brian Weeks), removed both tonsils and a polyp on my voice box. The cancer was not on the tonsils or the base of my tongue, but on the voice box itself, and it spread to first the left lymph node, and now is starting in the right lymph node. Dr. Weeks believes I WILL NOT need chemo, but probably radiation only!! That would be great news!!

Dr. Weeks has always known that I umpire baseball, and always wants to talk baseball with me, and we were watching the Tigers/Rangers game together for a bit while I was waiting to go to surgery. It was 2-1 Tigers when they wheeled me to the O.R. Dr. Weeks is a fairly young doctor, 30-something, and knows the game of baseball pretty well! He also is one of the top-rated ENT doctors in the state, so I'm in good hands.

Thank you to each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes!!!

And thanks to God, The Great Physician, for all His goodness!!!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25