View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 12, 2011, 08:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
The WH has no business sticking his nose in this, as it is your call. Once you throw that flag, it needs to be enforced, or you lose any remaining credibility. If he wants to mentor you about the advisability of that flag, he can do that after the game.
My intention in starting this thread wasn't to criticize my WH or even to ask if what he did was right or wrong. That being said, I did feel like I lost some credibility when the penalty was changed to just a warning. It really just added more uncertainty to an already tense and stressful situation.

I really like this official, and I enjoy working on the crew when he's the WH. This particular incident hasn't changed my feelings one way or another. It's hard to say why he did what he did; I'm sure he had his reasons, right or wrong.

Ultimately I've tried to avoid too much speculation into his motives because I don't want to create any ill will in my own mind that could possibly hurt our professional relationship.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to give this official the benefit of the doubt, at least this once.