View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 12, 2011, 09:13am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Middle school and JH coaches are often over the top and out of control. Of course he had to throw a flag for a situation. It does not matter how well the crew did or what was said, the outcome is not surprising to me.

Peace
I choose to work youth games only where the coaches are in control. Makes my life easier. About 10 years ago I worked a youth Saturday and the coaches acted like this, so I started throwing flags. The president of the league called me and told me that the coaches didn't want me back -- I told him that it was OK, I wouldn't come back even if they did UNLESS the program was willing to clamp down on out-of-control coaches. They weren't and I never went back. This year the same program was looking for officials and asked me to try to get some from my association. I conveniently forgot to pass the message along.

Usually programs like that get newer officials or people in it for the bucks who don't know how to handle the situation or don't care as long as they're paid cash at the field.

On another topic, the WH has no business changing the call to a sideline warning or inferring that the OP "missed" a timeout request. If I come in and tell a WH I have USC on the head coach, I expect it's going to be enforced. And this comes from a guy who *is* a varsity WH.