View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 10, 2011, 06:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
While I too am bothered by BU wanting to throw up his hands and just leave, I understand it a bit. After all, it was the championship game of the tourney and the UIC himself already bailed!

Shame on UIC for leaving. Shame on PU for involving TD - if someone had the phone number of the UIC, that's your first and only call.

Next time, however, partner --- if your PU is approached by BOTH coaches, your job is to stop the 2nd one from getting there. So shame on you a bit as well.

That said ... once you and partner realized there was an issue, the two of you should have called UIC. If that was not an option, the two of you should have made a ruling - huddled together with no coaches anywhere near you. And then play on. Let them protest your ruling if they like and write it down if they do... but Play On. Don't involve TD. Don't include coaches in the discussion. Rule. Play On. It was you and your partner that allowed this to become a CF.
agreed on shame on me as well.

once i became aware of the situation, i tried to pull my partner aside, towards the middle of the field, but his first reaction was to get the TD involved, i immediately voiced my objection...

at one point in time, seeing my partners 'inability' to control the situation, i gave a ruling, but my partner and TD did not want to oblige at that point in time.