View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 06, 2011, 06:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel93tex93 View Post
I coach a peewee football team in CO. We were playing 7-8-9 yr olds. Thus team had a very short player that was running the ball when my player went for the runner he was reaching over a blocker when he grabed the shoulder pads and pulled him down. The referee didnt throw the flag until the other caoch said something. Now we have one coach on the field on both teams. I was on the other sideline and i was saying the boy was short, and referee threw the flag at me and ejected me with out a warning. the line judge said that was wrong and didnt fight it. So is this right
Problem one is this was a pee wee football game. Secondly there is no requirement for a warning based on what you said or did. If you want a warning then realize that anytime you do something or address an official and they feel it is disrespectful, they have the right to judge what level of conduct that you have displayed and eject you on the spot for a flagrant act. Again, I was not there and not sure what a short player has to do with the situation or your grip. But the officials are within their right to throw you out, now whether that was a good think is another issue. None of us where there so we do not know or have not talked to the official.

Peace