View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 01, 2011, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsqUmp View Post
.If you don't believe that it is, how would you rule on an initial play that is bobbled? If the ball hits F6's glove and falls immediately in front of her, she goes to grab it and R2 runs in to her, is that interference? If the ball trickles away about a foot and F6 doesn't even have to move her feet to grab it and R2 runs in to her, is that interference? If I line drive hits the heel of her glove, pops out and is airborne right in front of her and R2 crashes in to her, is that interference?.
Keep in mind also there is a difference from initial play on a batted ball versus catching a thrown ball. I had a play a few weeks ago where F5 was attempting to catch a throw in order to retire a runner advancing to 3B (not a force play).

F5 bobbled the ball and it landed at her feet. The runner had stopped, expecting to be tagged, but when the ball was dropped she tried to move to 3B. She had to alter her path to 3B to get around F5 so OBS. Out goes the left arm. F5 picked up the ball and tagged the runner. Dead ball, runner awarded 3B. (Yes could go either way 3B or 2B on the award. My judgement was 3B.)