View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 30, 2011, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
I hope you had a chance to watch the AAA National Championship series last week. Columbus defended last year's trophy by beating Omaha in a great match up. Versus carried much of it. The D3K happened a few times. No verbalization. Maybe the directive hasn't filtered down yet to those who weren't assigned the playoffs. A bunch of the CWS guys are former AAA and JEA graduates. They used the point effectively, after stepping back and away. One even had his mask off for the call. That's moving! This past CWS was one of the most professionally umpired series I have ever seen. Hope all is well.
Mike,

I did happen to catch a little bit of it, but I didn't watch much of it.

From watching the broadcast, since the PU was not "live mic'd" during playing action, how on earth could you possibly know whether or not he verbalized for the benefit of the batter & catcher?

Other than the sucky weather, the Bears apparently having "hit their peak" in the 1st game of the season, and my final two (fall ball) games of the season getting cancelled due to rain, pretty well. I mean, I could complain, but who'd GAS?

How are you enjoying the youth football experience? Back in my coaching days, I did some coaching up in the L'ville program. Some of the fondest memories of my coaching career. If you've got a couple of minutes to waste, here's a little highlight video of my younger son I put together awhile back from when he was a 7th grader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuuVul8tGH4

JM

Last edited by UmpJM; Fri Sep 30, 2011 at 01:41pm.