View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 30, 2011, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Not sure why I try... maybe I'll stop.

For about the fourth time... no - I did NOT say that. Your propensity for putting words into other peoples mouths might work in your regular life - but it's rather stupid on line, don't you think, considering that the words the other person said are right there for everyone to read.
from mbcrowder post #46 of this thread:

What in the world would be wrong with simply using the word OUT when we have an out... just like every other time that we have an OUT. For some reason, those loftier than me think it's bad form to tell the batter they are out when they are, indeed, out.

The EASY way to fix this messy nonsense with umpires making signals to people that can't see them (Strybel ... why would signalling safe help any player), or having different calls (catch, no catch, NO NO, "ball on the ground!" (Really!?!?!)) etc is to SIMPLY call batters that are out on a caught 3rd strike OUT! If you don't say OUT, they are not out. Easy. Catcher's batters, etc can hear you say OUT, and can react if you don't. (PS - this would also help in the batter running to first to confuse matters with less than 2 outs and a runner on first - saying OUT clearly clears up this sitch too).

You are right, it is difficult to pretend you didn't write something when the words are right there for everyone to read. Thanks for illustrating the point. I feel no need to put words in your mouth.