View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 28, 2011, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebraman79 View Post
but watching this game I could not believe this crew missed the hold on Demarcus Ware near the end of the game, it was on the blatantly obvious side..... a first year pop warner should not have missed that. Jon Gruden went ballistic and they showed the replay as Ware was on a path to destroy Grossman.
Having been on the field, and then watched my own game on film enough, I am fully aware (as you should be) that often times, holding or no holding is all about angle. What is blatantly "pop-warner" obvious on film is not necessarily that obvious from the angle that the official has. Gruden doesn't know that, but we do. Even the fanboy in me doesn't get bent out of shape when my team doesn't get a call like the Ware one.

Calling phantom 15-yarders? Not acceptable from any angle... you have to SEE this to call it. Hard to see it, from any angle, when it doesn't actually happen. Calling the player a defenseless receiver when announcing the foul irritated me even more, given that the receiver in question CAUGHT THE EFFING BALL. Take it a step further and make this bad call against my team at a critical moment...? Yeah, I was throwing pillows at the TV.

West Houston Mike