View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 25, 2011, 06:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
Question: Do you find yourself calling different fouls and violations in a Varsity game versus a JV game? Womens game versus a Men's game?

Thanks for feedback....
What might be considered a foul might be different, but the same way I draw that conclusion does not change. I do not work girl's games for example, but when I work college ball those players are much stronger and much more tolerant of certain contact. This also does not mean that a hold is still not a hold or a hand check is still not a hand check, they just will not be the same kind of contact that would knock the older player off stride. And even this weekend I worked a tournament/showcase for some of the top high school players in the country and the same reason I called a foul with those players are no different if I worked with JH kids. This is why having a slow whistle and a complete understanding of advantage/disadvantage and incidental contact goes a long way. You should not call a foul because someone falls, you should call fouls when something illegal really happens. I think some people just understand that concept and others struggle.

Peace