View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 23, 2011, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
I've never seen anything saying hands are necessary either. I don't even coach hands for a player taking a handoff; we want it pinned under their elbow and surrounding limb bits, although we have them use the hand of the opposite arm momentarily to guide it in. The muscle chain holding onto the ball at the bottom of the arm and top of the forearm is shorter than the one that leads to the hands. Try using your hands to wrestle somebody for the ball when it's tucked in there; you have a much better shot at dislodging it with your elbow, which is why I coach use of the elbow or shoulder to pry the ball loose.
Well you need to demostrate some control with something else other than the ground if you want to show you are in possession. Now if that is not what you think, so be it. But every reasonable person is not making such a claim that you are and no video at any levle have ever said that simply laying on the ball was possession. Again it is clear you do not officiate because that is not going to have a competent official rule possession and then blow the whistle. I guess that is just something you will have to get over, because no one teaches this and I have never heard such a silly thing suggested until reading your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
Do you guys actually get videos showing the ball in contact with different parts of the body and captioned this is possession, this is not?
You better be doing more than pinning the ball on the ground to show possession and I have never seen a single video with what you suggest. I have seen passes caught or secured with other parts of the body, but that does not involve the ground and if it did in every case I can think of possession was not interpreted by simply laying on the football.

Peace