View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 22, 2011, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

King, I agree with you for the most part. I guess it is a matter of perspective concerning touches. S1 attacks a ball. R5 goes up to block. The ball lands out of bounds. S1 claims a touch occurred but you didn't see R5 touch the ball. I am assuming most officials would call that out since we didn't see the touch and for the sake of this argument, neither did your partner. Even though S1 is claiming there is a touch, I assume most of us would call that out of bounds on S1. I am having a hard time figuring out why officials use a different standard on balls hitting top of the net. S1 attacks a ball. R5 goes up to block. The ball hits the top of the net. You nor your partner see a touch. Ball either lands out of bounds on side S (and S1 is claiming there was a touch) or S1 plays the ball again. Most of the balls in this situation are close calls. Why in the first scenario do most of us call it out but in the second scenario some officials use the if I am not sure if there was a touch, I let play go on?