View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 21, 2011, 04:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Quite irrelevant to the OP. This is a question about the provision in 7-2-7 that specifically permits the QB to go in motion without being 5 yards behind the NZ.

Being "technically a back" (is there any other way?) is equally irrelevant to this special provision.
You totally missed the point of my post. People often try to hold the QB to a similar standard as other players for being set (meaning being totally still) when they are turning to their teammates and giving signals and split hairs if the QB is "set" or not. Actually this was an issue about a week ago in one of my games where a QB in my game would put their hands under the center and a teammate was in motion. I wanted to make clear that the reality is that this happens often and I would not go crazy if they are actually not completely still but use common sense that we expect a QB to look around or to move their hands to get ready to receive the snap.

Also there is no player definition of a Quarterback under definitions so I was making it clear they have the same rights as any back on the field. It sounded to me that he wanted to not allow them the same rights so "technically" they are a back by rule despite the football slang terminology that we use to describe a player.

Peace