View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 20, 2011, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Why don't you give him the rules sets that you are aware of and go from there? Usually someone asking these questions is not familiar with the fact there is a difference if they are not an official. And if an official is asking this question they are likely asking HS/NF rules. It is really not that hard, just give a summary and let him/her tell you if they want further information. And you must not deal with a lot of newer officials as all of them are not dealing with an association and all of them are not rules expects if they have never worked a game. But oh well, Lord forgive those that do not have your experience right?

Peace
I am more than willing to help a newbie along when something slightly unexpected happens, or a play has a twist to it... or they have looked it up and found applicable rules but have a question about how to apply them.

Something like this one? I'm worried if someone is on the field and can't already answer this one... someone ELSE is not doing their job. Further, as an experienced official yourself, you know that you learn more by looking up answers than just having them given to you. Asking an easy one like this completely smacks of laziness.

West Houston Mike