View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 14, 2011, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
You know... other than local time limits and rules around weird field situations... I don't get why it has become the default around the country that a league HAS to insert their 2 cents. Whoever you've joined (ASA, U-Trip, NSA, LL, whatever) has had YEARS to put together what is hopefully a solid set of rules. In ALMOST every case, the local rule causes problems at some point. The default should be to simply use the rules of your organization. Period. Heck ... half of your stupid local rules documents simply repeat a rule that's otherwise already in the book ... and likely word it more poorly than the original rule does.
Because everyone has to have their way or they are going to take their bat and ball and go home.

It seems there is an expectation by many in this country nowadays that companies and organization must adjust to the individuals demands and if they don't, by default, they must be the devil and unholy and unpatiotic, yada, yada, yada. I see it in my business all the time. And in my business, there is always some whore right around the corner willing to tell the customer they can have it their way, and no, I'm not in the fast food business.

Remember what happened to championship boxing (is there still boxing) when all the alphabets started up because this manager or that boxer didn't think they were getting what they perceived to be a fair shake? Obviously, that didn't work out as well as each expected it and then came the peaceful "crown or belt unification fights". In reality, they have become not much more than a marketing ploy to make the respective promoters more money. Now, with all the graft, politics and everyone demanding their "fair" cut of the pie, championship boxing isn't doing much better than roller derby in many markets.

Softballers, including the seniors, seem to just want rules which allows the player to flex their muscles and feed an ego.

JMO